Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Joe Lauer <jo...@rootlevel.com> on 2000/09/13 04:23:25 UTC

New Session Error

I was creating a dev server for a production server of mine and a new error
popped up that is related to Apache::Session or at least I think it is.
Lemme run thru versions of the modules.

embperl 1.2.1
Found mod_perl  Version 1.24
Found LWP::UserAgent  Version 1.73
Found HTML::HeadParser  Version 2.14
Found Apache::Session  Version 1.53

I got no errors on my last server and I don't quite get why they are popping
up now, except that I have different versions of some modules installed on
the new server compared to the old one.  Has anyone noticed a problem with
this?

Basically, I get three errors that I can see.

19123]ERR: 24: Line 22: Error in Perl code: Can't call method
"acquire_write_lock" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/Session.pm line 563.

Sometimes I get a can't 'generate_id' from HTML::Embperl::Session  or
problems spring up from MD5 where it can't find hexhash or something along
those lines.

Any help at all?

Thanks,
Joe

joe lauer                      rootlevel
product developer              743 beaubien, suite 300
p.313.961.4407 x302            detroit, mi 48226
f.313.961.4568                 www.rootlevel.com

Re: New Session Error

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> embperl 1.2.1
> Found Apache::Session  Version 1.53

Either use Embperl 1.3b5 and Apache::Session 1.53 or Embperl 1.21 and
Apache::Session 1.00. 1.2.1 doesn't know anything about AS 1.5x, because
it's much older

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151