Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/10/16 22:40:28 UTC

Clarification on DROP TABLE command needed

Alex P., Vladimir,

I’m finalizing DROP TABLE command documentation and unsure what happens with the following once the command is issued:

1. Do we destroy the underlying cache and purge all its content?

2. What happens to DML operations targeting a table that is somewhere in the middle of the drop process? Do we block such DML commands waiting while the DROP TABLE is over or kick them off right away with some special exception?

—
Denis

Re: Clarification on DROP TABLE command needed

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Vladimir,

Is the cache purged synchronously or in the background?

D.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Denis,