Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Madhukar Bharti <bh...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/12 14:14:56 UTC

Getting Simple consumer details using MBean

Hi,

I want to get the simple consumer details using MBean as described here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Operations#Operations-Monitoring>.
But these bean names are not showing in JConsole as well as while trying to
read from JMX.

Please help me to get simple consumer details.

I am using Kafka 0.8.1.1 version.

Thanks and Regards,
Madhukar Bharti

Re: Getting Simple consumer details using MBean

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
If you connect to the jvm of the consumer, you will see the following mbean.

"kafka.consumer":type="FetchRequestAndResponseMetrics",name="SimpleConsumerShell-AllBrokersFetchRequestRateAndTimeMs"

If you want to monitor the consumption rate on the broker, you can look at
the byte out rate and the fetch-consumer request time mentioned in
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#monitoring

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Madhukar Bharti <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Thanks and Regards,
Madhukar Bharti

Re: Getting Simple consumer details using MBean

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Madhukar,

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Madhukar Bharti <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jun Rao,

--
Thanks and Regards,
Madhukar Bharti

Re: Getting Simple consumer details using MBean

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Madhukar Bharti <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jun Rao,

--
Thanks and Regards,
Madhukar Bharti

Re: Getting Simple consumer details using MBean

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.