Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/28 16:48:43 UTC

[OT] Re: programatically determine session or request scope

--- Jason Mayer <sl...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionAttributeListener.html

> That's what I used for the session listener.

That's not a session listener, that's a session
attribute listener: they're different things. Session
listeners know about session creation and destruction.

> It may be that I'm showing my struts newbie-ness
> here by asking this,

This isn't Struts-related; it's servlet spec.

> but doesn't that also show things that are
> temporarily stored in the session where
> scope="request"?

No, request-scoped objects are stored in the request
scope (believe it or not! :)

d.