Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/18 13:07:04 UTC

[VOTE][Sandesha2] Release plan

Hi All,

It has been about four months since we did the last release (0.9) of
Sandesha2 and I think we really need to do another release soon. Here are
some of the prominent changes after the last release,

1. A lot of bug fixes and improvements to the code.

2. Improved client API, which provides features for both general and advance
users.

3. Sandesha Report functionality to get status information on Sandesha2
system and its sequences.

4. SandeshaListner feature to get informed when specefic events happen (for
example when a fault is retrieved or when a sequence times out).

5. Support for the WSRM specification being developed under OASIS WSRX
technical committee.

6. Updated documentation.

I belive most of the features are complete now. The code also looks quite
stable. The client API also seems to be fine and stable. I believe its time
to go for a 1.0 release of Sandesha2.

I heard that Axis2 is going for a 1.0 release in the near future and would
like to do a 1.0 release of Sandesha2 which is compatible with that. Before
that we can also go for a 1.0-RC1 release of Sandesha2 by end of this week.

In summary,
Lets do a 1.0-RC1 release of Sandesha2 by end of this week.
Lets do a 1.0 release of Sandesha2 when Axis2 1.0 get released.

Here is my +1 for this release plan.

Thank you,
Chamikara

Re: [VOTE][Sandesha2] Release plan

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Ruchith

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me too ....

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me too ....

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <sa...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE][Sandesha2] Release plan

Posted by Chatra Nakkawita <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me too

Chatra

Posted by Chatra Nakkawita <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me too

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <jn...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me too.

Jaliya

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <jn...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me too.

Jaliya

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1  , I was looking forward for a release.
Thanks
Chathura

On 4/19/06, Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 indeed,
> its better to have sandesha release immediately after axis2 release.
>
> Srinath Perera wrote:
>
> >+1
> >
> >On 4/19/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> >

> >>+1!
> >>
> >>Sanjiva.

> >--

> Deepal
> ~Future is Open~

Chathura Herath
http://people.apache.org/~chathura/
http://chathurah.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE][Sandesha2] Release plan

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 indeed,

Srinath Perera wrote:

>+1
>
>On 4/19/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote:
>

>>+1!
>>
>>Sanjiva.
>>
>>On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 16:37 +0530, Chamikara Jayalath wrote:
>>

>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>It has been about four months since we did the last release (0.9) of
>>>Sandesha2 and I think we really need to do another release soon. Here
>>>are some of the prominent changes after the last release,
>>>
>>>1. A lot of bug fixes and improvements to the code.
>>>
>>>2. Improved client API, which provides features for both general and
>>>advance users.
>>>
>>>3. Sandesha Report functionality to get status information on
>>>Sandesha2 system and its sequences.
>>>
>>>4. SandeshaListner feature to get informed when specefic events happen
>>>(for example when a fault is retrieved or when a sequence times out).
>>>
>>>5. Support for the WSRM specification being developed under OASIS WSRX
>>>technical committee.
>>>
>>>6. Updated documentation.
>>>

>>>I belive most of the features are complete now. The code also looks
>>>quite stable. The client API also seems to be fine and stable. I
>>>believe its time to go for a 1.0 release of Sandesha2.
>>>
>>>I heard that Axis2 is going for a 1.0 release in the near future and
>>>would like to do a 1.0 release of Sandesha2 which is compatible with
>>>that. Before that we can also go for a 1.0-RC1 release of Sandesha2 by
>>>end of this week.
>>>
>>>In summary,
>>>Lets do a 1.0-RC1 release of Sandesha2 by end of this week.
>>>Lets do a 1.0 release of Sandesha2 when Axis2 1.0 get released.
>>>
>>>Here is my +1 for this release plan.
>>>
>>>Thank you,
>>>Chamikara

>--

Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: [VOTE][Sandesha2] Release plan

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 indeed,

Srinath Perera wrote:

>+1
>
>On 4/19/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote:
>

>>+1!
>>
>>Sanjiva.
>>
>>On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 16:37 +0530, Chamikara Jayalath wrote:
>>

>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>It has been about four months since we did the last release (0.9) of
>>>Sandesha2 and I think we really need to do another release soon. Here
>>>are some of the prominent changes after the last release,
>>>
>>>1. A lot of bug fixes and improvements to the code.
>>>
>>>2. Improved client API, which provides features for both general and
>>>advance users.
>>>
>>>3. Sandesha Report functionality to get status information on
>>>Sandesha2 system and its sequences.
>>>
>>>4. SandeshaListner feature to get informed when specefic events happen
>>>(for example when a fault is retrieved or when a sequence times out).
>>>
>>>5. Support for the WSRM specification being developed under OASIS WSRX
>>>technical committee.
>>>
>>>6. Updated documentation.
>>>

>>>I belive most of the features are complete now. The code also looks
>>>quite stable. The client API also seems to be fine and stable. I
>>>believe its time to go for a 1.0 release of Sandesha2.
>>>
>>>I heard that Axis2 is going for a 1.0 release in the near future and
>>>would like to do a 1.0 release of Sandesha2 which is compatible with
>>>that. Before that we can also go for a 1.0-RC1 release of Sandesha2 by
>>>end of this week.
>>>
>>>In summary,
>>>Lets do a 1.0-RC1 release of Sandesha2 by end of this week.
>>>Lets do a 1.0 release of Sandesha2 when Axis2 1.0 get released.
>>>
>>>Here is my +1 for this release plan.
>>>
>>>Thank you,
>>>Chamikara

>--