Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/04/18 09:56:40 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Karaf 4.0.5 release (take 3)

Hi all,

I submit Karaf Container 4.0.5 release to your vote.

Release Note:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12334629

Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1061/

Git tag:
karaf-4.0.5

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf 4.0.5 release (take 3)

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding).

Thanks JB!
 --
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Achim,

I remember to have such issue on master (4.1.x) but not on 4.0.x. Let me
try to reproduce and create the corresponding Jira.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

On 04/18/2016 09:36 PM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> +1 (binding)
>
> only had that annoying issue of not working display command on a vanilla
> Karaf:
>
> karaf@root()> display
> Error executing command: org/ops4j/pax/logging/service/internal/PaxLevelImpl
>
> but a restart of the container solves it, so it's no big deal. We should
> take a closer look for it in the next version but no blocker.
>
> regards, Achim

>> +1 (non-binding) from ServiceMix
>>
>> The only issue are the unstable itests for which we have a workaround.
>>
>> Good job :)
>>
>> Regards
>> Krzysztof
>>
>> On 18.04.2016 09:56, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit Karaf Container 4.0.5 release to your vote.
>>>
>>> Release Note:
>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12334629
>>>
>>> Staging Repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1061/
>>>
>>> Git tag:
>>> karaf-4.0.5
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
That's usually caused by a refresh of the log service implementation.
The reason is that log events are kept by the karaf-log bundle, but the
classes themselves are not available anymore.
That's clearly not really nice...

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Red Hat, Open Source Integration

Email: gnodet@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf 4.0.5 release (take 3)

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Fabian Lange <fa...@codecentric.de>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Markus Rathgeb <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf 4.0.5 release (take 3)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It sounds good, thanks !

Regards
JB

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

After upgrade to current snapshot or staged release the Drools6 and Activiti itests became unstable (or better stable -- they were stable failing). So it means, something was changed within the current release.
I could fix them by adding transaction feature into featuresBoot (see my commit in my temporary branch https://github.com/sobkowiak/servicemix/commit/74e8dd3c3c39e8573927ba24aa6cc714f0acc963).
It prevents bundles refresh.

Regards
Krzysztof

> About it, Krzysztof said he fixed the itests by adding the transaction feature in Pax Exam.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 04/18/2016 06:30 PM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>> +1 (non binding)
>>
>> I am currently working on the servicemix itests. I have some trouble
>> with the tests (probably because of refreshs) but I think this is not
>> directly
>> related to the karaf release.
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> On 18.04.2016 09:56, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit Karaf Container 4.0.5 release to your vote.
>>>
>>> Release Note:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12334629
>>>

>>> Staging Repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1061/
>>>
>>> Git tag:
>>> karaf-4.0.5
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.