Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by pu...@pureplan.com on 2005/03/16 09:34:46 UTC

[users@httpd] No error messages for failed startup???

I have been working with Apache for about 7-8 years now, and I have ran into
a unique issue.  The basis is that I can not get any kind of error message
to tell me where to begin. Here is the general info for everyone:

FreeBSD 5.3
Apache 1.3.33
PHP 4.3.10
Mod_ssl 2.8.22-1.3.33
OpenSSL 0.9.7e
Etc... etc... etc...

Really, I just need help to get Apache to spit out an error message of why
it will not start, then I think I could move on. So here are the results of
startups.

CSH
----------------------------------
FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE (GENERIC) #0: Fri Nov  5 04:19:18 UTC 2004

% ./bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax OK
% ./bin/apachectl startssl
./bin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started
% ./bin/apachectl start
./bin/apachectl start: httpd started
% ./bin/apachectl stop ./bin/apachectl stop: httpd stopped

As you can see, the server starts well without the startssl switch. Anyone
have ideas on how I can force some error out of Apache or track down an
error (startup error log) to start debugging the problem?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Tait