Posted to java-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/04/14 23:10:33 UTC

[Lucene-java Wiki] Update of "TopLevelProject" by GrantIngersoll

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-java Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by GrantIngersoll:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/TopLevelProject

  = Lucene Top Level Project Page =

  This page is for stuff related to the Lucene Top Level Project (i.e. the PMC and committers) since it isn't worth spending the time to setup a whole separate wiki page.
+
+ = What is the TLP (and/or the Lucene PMC) =
+
+ The TLP is the organizing umbrella for all of the Lucene projects (Lucene Java, Solr, Mahout, etc.)
+
+ The Lucene PMC is a group of individuals charged with "running" the TLP by making sure Lucene subprojects follow Apache guidelines.  The PMC consists of http://lucene.apache.org/who.html.  Lest you think the PMC is some secret organization, we pretty much do everything in public on the general@lucene.apache.org mailing list.  We do some stuff in "private" (the private@lucene.a.o mailing list is viewable by any PMC member or ASF Member, so it isn't really private), like vote on adding committers to projects, but for the most part, our goal is to be as open as possible.
+
+
+ = How the Lucene PMC Works =
+