Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Allen <bj...@sina.com> on 2015/03/26 11:40:03 UTC

how to set column level privileges

hi,	We use SQL standards based authorization for authorization in Hive 0.14.  But it  has not support for column level privileges.	So, I want to know Is there anyway to set column level privileges?		Thanks!
--------------------------------

Re: how to set column level privileges

Posted by Daniel Haviv <da...@veracity-group.com>.
Create a view with the permitted columns and handle the privileges for it

Daniel

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@peridale.co.uk>.
I do not know for sure but you can always create a view on the table
excluding columns that you don't want this particular application  to see.
Rather tedious.

HTH

Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Publications due shortly:

Creating in-memory Data Grid for Trading Systems with Oracle TimesTen and
Coherence Cache

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this
message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Ltd, its
subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept
any responsibility.