Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Craig Williams <cr...@ip80.com> on 2002/05/24 19:21:00 UTC

Some applet guidance

Ok, firstly - I'm a user jax-rpc user, I'm trying to move into something
a little faster for development so I've installed axis today. Plus I
have an interesting issue and I'm hoping I can overcome it with axis.

I want to call my webservices from an applet running in a browser.

What will the dependancies be for the client, eg: what must I include in
the applet JAR file ?

Will the client-side axis JAR's work in this fasion ? Why do I ask ...
Well;

JAX-RPC,WASP and various others all don't - the clientside classes cause
some security issues that noone seems to know how to overcome, btw: this
is a signed applet.

So ... Is this possible ?

Thanks !

Craig