Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com> on 2019/08/02 03:16:21 UTC

Re: Ignite 2.7.0: Ignite client:: memory leak

Denis,
Thanks. Meanwhile, we made some progress...the via workaround seems to use these two flags in the thick client config
-DIGNITE_SKIP_PARTITION_SIZE_VALIDATION -DIGNITE_EXCHANGE_HISTORY_SIZE=8
So far, we haven't seen clients going OOM for about 24 hours (still watching)
Based on the logs, you could see there is a partition map exchanged among the clients and feels like messages continuously get stored on the clients causing this problem.

Re: Ignite 2.7.0: Ignite client:: memory leak

Posted by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com>.
We observed the same memory leak issue on 2.7.6 as well. Deleting tables continuously from a thick client causes out of memory exceptions in other thick clients. Can you please recheck? We badly need a workaround for this issue.

This is probably related to another issue that is discussed on another thread
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Nodes-are-restarting-when-i-try-to-drop-a-table-created-with-persistence-enabled-td27897.html

Re: Ignite 2.7.0: Ignite client:: memory leak

Posted by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com>.
Dennis, Thanks for the update. Will wait for the release.

Re: Ignite 2.7.0: Ignite client:: memory leak

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
As an update, this issue has been included into Ignite 2.7.6 release
scheduled for this month.

-
Denis

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrei Aleksandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mahesh,

Posted by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Mahesh,

Hmm, yes, I remember one use case when the OOM was addressed by tweaking
IGNITE_EXCHANGE_HISTORY_SIZE. In that scenario, the environment had not
much RAM and the team couldn't allocate enough RAM for Java Heap.

How about your scenario? Have you tried to give 2GB or more to the app?

-
Denis