Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/04 20:12:01 UTC

Re: Can anyone get tiles working using struts-faces and 1.0.7 or 1.0.8?

I have gotten it to work in 1.0.7 and 1.0.8.  It will not work with
the RI though (you need MyFaces impl)  that's the only problem I
really had.

Are you using <f:subview> etc?  Try the simplest possible tiles
example you can think of and see if you can get that working.  If you
search this list you will find some ...

Don't worry you will be able to have Tiles and JSF together.  That was
a chief concern for me as well since I love Tiles.  Craig is working
on supporting the Tiles/JSF combination in his Shale project which I
am very anxious to see.

There are some unforunate issues though with using Tiles (or any
dynamic server include.)  You'll need <f:verbatim> tags, etc.  My
faces has some variations on the standard HTML tags like <x:br/>, etc.
(I believe) which helps.  The spec could be improved in this area but
the trick would be how to implement full dynamic include support and
still have component tree, etc.

sean