Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu> on 2016/01/15 16:38:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Felix AutoConf RP 0.1.6 and Felix DeploymentAdmin 0.9.8

Hi,

I’d like to call a vote for releasing Apache Felix AutoConf resource
processor 0.1.6 and Apache Felix DeploymentAdmin 0.9.8.

We solved 9 issues in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/fixforversion/12326711/

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1113/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1113 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is something with Amdatu and Apache

Luminis Technologies
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ  Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00

https://www.luminis.eu

KvK (CoC) 09 16 28 93
BTW (VAT) NL8170.94.441.B.01

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix AutoConf RP 0.1.6 and Felix DeploymentAdmin 0.9.8

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.
> On 15 Jan 2016, at 16:38, Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu> wrote:
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours.

-1 due to FELIX-5169 (see 1). The autoconf RP is therefore not usable.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5169

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Felix AutoConf RP 0.1.6 and Felix DeploymentAdmin 0.9.8

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.
Hi,

I’m cancelling the vote for this release due to a blocking error. If the
issue is fixed, I’ll start a new vote.

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

David

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.
Hi Pierre,

> On 15 Jan 2016, at 23:18, Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> AutoConfResourceProcessor.java is indeed importing
> org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin, see line 159:
>
>        properties.put(EventConstants.EVENT_TOPIC,
> org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.Constants.EVENTTOPIC_COMPLETE);
>
> is it intended to refer to the Constants class from the deploymentadmin
> bundle ?

No, it certainly is not; as that package is not exported. In my local itest I
accidentally had a wrong version range for the autoconf processor, testing it
with the previous version instead of the new one :(

So, this release is not usable. I’ll cancel it, fix the issue and restart the
vote.

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan Willem;

it's a bit late so I may have missed something but I gave a quick try and
got the following resolve error at runtime:

ERROR: Bundle org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf [12] Error starting
file:/home/nxuser/work/osgi/felix-framework-5.2.0/bundle/org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf-0.1.6.jar
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve
org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf [12](R 12.0): missing requirement
[org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf [12](R 12.0)] osgi.wiring.package;
(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin) Unresolved
requirements: [[org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf [12](R 12.0)]
osgi.wiring.package;
(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin)])
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve
org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf [12](R 12.0): missing requirement
[org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf [12](R 12.0)] osgi.wiring.package;
(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin) Unresolved
requirements: [[org.apache.felix.deployment.rp.autoconf [12](R 12.0)]
osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin)]
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:4111)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2117)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1371)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:308)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

it seems that now, autoconf is importing "org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin"
package ?

AutoConfResourceProcessor.java is indeed importing
org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin, see line 159:

        properties.put(EventConstants.EVENT_TOPIC,
org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.Constants.EVENTTOPIC_COMPLETE);

is it intended to refer to the Constants class from the deploymentadmin
bundle ?

regards;
/Pierre