Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2013/05/26 22:31:03 UTC

matching includes/excludes

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the includes/excludes for the
maven-invoker-plugin which needs a Maven-wide solution where
includes/excludes are used.
When having several execution-blocks, each with its own includes, then I
can't use -Dinvoker.test=sometestA, sometestB anymore, because it will be
used for every execution-block, causing most of the tests to fail.

I'm looking for something like -Dinvoker.test=<someTestA,someTestB> or
[someTestA,someTestB], so these tests are only executed if they are a
subcollection of the includes/excludes of the execution-block.

The '<>'-markup has the disadvantage that it can't be used within the pom
without being escaped, but I think this markup should primary be used on
cmdline.
The '[]' and '()'-markup reflect ranges, I don't think that's correct here.
'{}'-markup is related to expressions.

Any other idea's/suggestions?

Robert

Re: matching includes/excludes

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
To see a real life example:
check out http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/release/trunk
try to run ONLY MRELEASE-459 ( under /src/it/projects/perform ) without
shifting execution-blocks within the pom. You should use something like
-Dinvoker.test=

Robert

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.