Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Darko Hojnik <ho...@virtualizing.org> on 2011/04/06 21:14:49 UTC

question about addMapping in james-cli.sh

Hi there,

I'm beginning to work with Apache James now. Now I'm asking me about the
functionality addMapping on james-cli.sh. On my current environment I've
users with more then twenty mailaddresses per each account. So could I do
this with addMapping on Appache James? Create an account with foo@bar and
map after bar@foo to foo@bar?

kind regards
Darko Hojnik

Re: question about addMapping in james-cli.sh

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Hi,

The cli does not support atm the mappings: you will need to go via JMX
(JConsole), select the MBeans tab, and browser the org.apache.james
node. You will find there the methods to add virtual users.

For example, addMapping(fromuser, fromdomain, tomapping)

If you have foo@bar as existing real account, and want to add a new
email address foo_new@bar_new for him, you invoke:
addMapping(foo_new, bar_new, foo@bar)

To understand this, you must think that the new address
(foo_new@bar_new) is "rewritten" to a another existing recipient (foo@bar)

Tks,
- Eric