Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shamik <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 02:01:00 UTC

Issue with distributed spelling check in Solr 4.4

Hi,

  We are in the process of transitioning to SolrCloud (4.4) from
Master-Slave architecture (4.2) . One of the issues I'm facing now is with
making spell check work. It only seems to work if I explicitly set
distrib=false. I'm using a custom request handler and included the spell
check option.

<str name="spellcheck">on</str>
   <str name="spellcheck.collate">true</str>
   <str name="spellcheck.onlyMorePopular">false</str>
   <str name="spellcheck.extendedResults">false</str>
   <str name="spellcheck.count">1</str>
   <str name="spellcheck.dictionary">default</str>
  </lst>

  <arr name="last-components">
   <str>spellcheck</str>
  </arr>

The spellcheck component has the usual configuration.

<searchComponent name="spellcheck" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">
	<str name="queryAnalyzerFieldType">spell</str>

	<lst name="spellchecker">
		<str name="name">default</str>
		<str name="field">text</str>
		<str name="classname">solr.DirectSolrSpellChecker</str>
		<str name="distanceMeasure">internal</str>
		<float name="accuracy">0.5</float>
		<int name="maxEdits">2</int>
		<int name="minPrefix">1</int>
		<int name="maxInspections">5</int>
		<int name="minQueryLength">4</int>
		<float name="maxQueryFrequency">0.01</float>

	</lst>

	<lst name="spellchecker">
		<str name="name">wordbreak</str>
		<str name="classname">solr.WordBreakSolrSpellChecker</str>
		<str name="field">text</str>
		<str name="combineWords">true</str>
		<str name="breakWords">true</str>
		<int name="maxChanges">10</int>
	</lst>
</searchComponent>

The spell check is part of the request handler which is being used to
executed a distributed query. I can't possibly add distrib=false.

Just wondering if there's a way to address this.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

-Thanks,
Shamik