Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Duo Zhang <zh...@apache.org> on 2023/12/26 10:22:16 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for hbase 3.0.0-beta-1 is available for download

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,
hbase-3.0.0-beta-1RC0

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 3.0.0-beta-1

The tag to be voted on is 3.0.0-beta-1RC0:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/3.0.0-beta-1RC0

This tag currently points to git reference

  119d11c808aefa82d22fef6cd265981506b9dc09

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/3.0.0-beta-1RC0/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1531/

Artifacts were signed with the 0x9AD2AE49 key which can be found in:

  https://downloads.apache.org/hbase/KEYS

3.0.0-beta-1 is the first beta release for our 3.0.0 major release line.
HBase 3.0.0 includes the following big feature/changes:
  Synchronous Replication
  OpenTelemetry Tracing
  Distributed MOB Compaction
  Backup and Restore
  Move RSGroup balancer to core
  Reimplement sync client on async client
  CPEPs on shaded protobuf
  Move the logging framework from log4j to log4j2
  Decouple region replication and general replication framework, and
  also make region replication can work when SKIP_WAL is used
  A new file system based replication peer storage
  Used hbase table instead of zookeeper for tracking hbase replication queue
  Yield SCP and TRSP to improve MTTR when restarting large cluster

For a beta release, we have already passed several 1B ITBLL runs and a 10B
ITBLL run. Please see HBASE-27919 for more details. This means this release
is much stabler than previous alpha releases, but there are still some bugs
(bit critical, though) that need to be fixed. So please use it with caution and
report back everything you find unusual.

And this time we will not include CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTE.md
in our source code, you can find it on the download site. For getting these
two files for old releases, please go to

  https://archive.apache.org/dist/hbase/

To learn more about Apache hbase, please see

  http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

[RESULT][VOTE] First release candidate for hbase 3.0.0-beta-1 is available for download

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
With 3 binding +1s from
Viraj Jasani
Bryan Beaudreault
Duo Zhang

And 1 non-binding +1 from
Nihal Jain

The vote passes.

Let me finish the release.

Thanks all for voting!

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2024年1月14日周日 17:01写道:

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for hbase 3.0.0-beta-1 is available for download

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Here is my own +1.

Posted by Bryan Beaudreault <bb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for voting!

Posted by Nihal Jain <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_362): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_362): ok

Posted by Duo Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi, PMC members, we need more votes to make this release.

Thanks!

Duo Zhang <zh...@apache.org> 于2023年12月26日周二 18:22写道: