Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Lorenzo Sicilia <ar...@kemen.it> on 2004/08/15 18:01:53 UTC

Re: mail and fmt:message (charset problem)

Kris Schneider wrote:
> Do you have an entry like the following in web.xml:
>
> <web-app>
>   <context-param>
>     <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.localizationContext</param-name>
>     <param-value>Messages</param-value>
>   </context-param>
> </web-app>
>
> This sets up a default resource bundle (WEB-INF/classes/Messages.properties) for
> JSTL's fmt tags.

I have put in web.xml fmt setting but the charset is exploded :)

I have a query from mysql with this output

output ko
italiano
english
fran?aise

output ok:
italiano
english
française

if I remove fmt setting in web.xml and I put it in a jsp all work fine.
In my header.jsp I put:
<fmt:setBundle basename="localtext" scope="application" />

May be a bug of fmt tag? I use jstl 1.0.5

regards Lorenzo

ps. Sorry my english is very poor ;)