Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Robert van der Meulen <r....@leaseweb.com> on 2013/03/06 18:59:22 UTC

Cloudstack in the news ;)

Hi all,

We just released this: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/leaseweb-usa-adds-authentic-private-virtual-networking-to-its-cloud-195551701.html

This is CloudStack advanced networking (for 'cloud') and CloudStack Basic networking (for 'virtual server') as a product. Thought it might be on-topic (as I mention CloudStack in the release, and we contribute to the project) - if this kind of stuff is too commercial for this list, let me know. We're now running 6 Cloudstack setups (in datacenters in NL, Germany and USA) serving thousands of instances to customers - and are obviously happy with it :)
As part of the product there's some firewall functionality in our control panel (built on the firewalling stuff in 4.x/apache setup, and security groups in the 2.x/citrix setup we run for the classical virtual server product) - built on top of the CS api.

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Robert van der Meulen
Manager Cloud
www.leaseweb.com<http://www.leaseweb.com/>
T: +31 (0)20 316 2880
E: r.vandermeulen@leaseweb.com<ma...@leaseweb.com>

RE: Cloudstack in the news ;)

Posted by Timothy Nicklas <Ti...@citrix.com>.
Very cool Robert...

Tim Nicklas | Citrix Systems
Direct: 1.703.475.2957 | Timothy.Nicklas@citrix.com
www.linkedin.com/in/timnicklas

RE: Cloudstack in the news ;)

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.

This is great. Please consider the case study... it will help with CS exposure.

Re: Cloudstack in the news ;)

Posted by Robert van der Meulen <r....@leaseweb.com>.
Hi,

On 3/6/13 7:18 PM, "David Nalley" <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>I don't see a problem with it. It's exciting to see folks using
>CloudStack, and particularly ACS 4.x in production.
>I'd like for you to consider and see if Leaseweb would be interested
>in doing a case study-type of document detailing your experiences with
>Apache CloudStack.

Good to hear - I thought the same, but I hate spam, so wouldn't want to
send anything considered just that. Case study: no problem at all, would
be happy to help.

Re: Cloudstack in the news ;)

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: Cloudstack in the news ;)

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
This one is in french:

http://www.lemagit.fr/economie/business/2013/02/01/rupture-ikoula-se-positionne-sur-le-cloud-prive-avec-cloudstack/

It talks about how iKoula a french service provider chose CloudStack because it's in Apache.

I am working with them to get an english version.

-sebastien

Re: Cloudstack in the news ;)

Posted by Prodosh Banerjee <p....@anolim.com>.
Case Studies are excellent publicity.
Robert: a blog post on your own website with a factual case study highlighting the benefits might be a better received than PR Newswire (PR Newswire just screams marketing) and give you more mileage as well.

Keep the cases coming. We could do a case study about BT or some of the big guys - that will put us on the map.

Prodosh Banerjee
Managing Partner, Anolim GmbH

Tel: +41 76 465 9806
Email: p.banerjee@anolim.com