Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Karim Mani <km...@vistaprint.com> on 2013/10/16 17:33:21 UTC

Open Office vulnerability and patching

Hello,

We are interested by Open office and we need to have more information about the vulnerability and patching methodes.
OO Version: 3.4.1

Kindest Regards,
Karim MANI
System Administrator
(D):   (+31) 77 850 7679
(M): (+216) 98 223 975
Vistaprint Make an Impression.

Business Cards are FREE at www.vistaprint.com<http://www.vistaprint.com/>!
SAVE PAPER  - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT <image001.png>

Re: Open Office vulnerability and patching

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Karim Mani <km...@vistaprint.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are interested by Open office and we need to have more information about the vulnerability and patching methodes.
> OO Version: 3.4.1

Our security page is here:

http://www.openoffice.org/security/bulletin.html

You can find our security bulletins here:
http://www.openoffice.org/security/bulletin.html

As you can see there two vulnerabilities were found in OpenOffice
3.4.1 and fixed in version 4.0.0.   We recommend upgrading to our most
recent release, version 4.0.1

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/16/13 5:33 PM, Karim Mani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are interested by Open office and we need to have more information about the vulnerability and patching methodes.
> OO Version: 3.4.1

I am not sure for what information you are looking exactly but I can say
that we do our best to react fast and competent on any reported security
problems. Related problems are discussed on a private list and fixes
will come in the next release.

Depending on the found security problems new release are possible at any
time.

Juergen