Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by BorisBelozerov <ar...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/01 01:36:46 UTC

Re: How does Apache Ignite distribute???

Can you give me some code to implement it? Thank you!!

Re: How does Apache Ignite distribute???

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
I believe that the correct answer to your question - don't do that.

The strength of distributed systems is that you have a number of identical
pieces which you can scale out virtually with no limits.

If your cluster is heterogenous - i.e. all the nodes are different in size,
amount of data and power - you may easily run into issues with uneven load
distribution and eventually into performance issues.
Even more, you can run into cluster management issues, e.g. if one big node
leaves the cluster then the remaining small nodes will redistribute the
data and may not have enough space to do that.

If you really-really want something like that, and you think that your
specific use case is not going to suffer from uneven load or cluster
management issues, then go with the suggestion from Stephen - run multiple
nodes on big machines.

Stan