Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by phani <ph...@vqindia.com> on 2002/06/18 09:39:43 UTC

Problem with running send mail jsp example

hi,
  I try to run the send mail example comes with tomcat 4.0. But i am getting follwoing exception.

ENCOUNTERED EXCEPTION: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
  nested exception is:
	javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25;
  nested exception is:
	at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:219)
	at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:81)
	at SendMailServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

I changed the parameter in server.xml but no luck..
Where i went wrong?
Thanks in advance
phani