Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Chris Jölly <ch...@unycom.com> on 2009/07/02 16:15:26 UTC

Integrating / evaluating servicemix

Hello all,

I have some questions regarding the efforts needed to integrate servicemix

into an application and how much time is needed to get the first results

when e.g. connecting servicemix via web services to an SOAP adapter of

an SAP XI system.

What I want to do is to evaluate some of this integration platforms and

compare  each other. Sure, this efforts depends on the skills of the developers

and the concrete use cases, but someone who uses servicemix could possible

give a rough figure for this efforts which is sufficient for my needs by now. J

And, maybe someone has evaluated other tools like Swordfish or Mule and

has figures for these platforms too?

thanks, Chris

Re: Integrating / evaluating servicemix

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Chris,

sorry for my late answer.

In your case, if you can deploy a WebService on your SAP platform, you
can create a HTTP provider in SMX and contact this service.
It's very simple and mainly configuration based (in the xbean.xml if you
use the JBI packaging).

The main workload will be in the message transformation between the in
message and the backend component endpoint.

It's not easy to provide a real days man amount :)

For example, if you use a servicemix-bean based endpoint behind your
HTTP provider, you need to get the in message extract content as you
expect and fire some actions.

Regards
JB

--