Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Tanmaya Panda <ta...@microsoft.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/01 11:19:12 UTC

understand nifi usage patterns

Hi Team,

We are working on developing a Nifi connector to send and receive data from Azure Data Explorer( a fast and fully managed data analytics service offering for relatime analysis on large volumes of data streaming from IOT devices, applications etc.).

We wanted to understand the general usage patterns of Nifi. The use cases for which Nifi is used/adopted does the data load belongs to streaming mode or pure batch workloads?

Thanks,
Tanmaya

Re: understand nifi usage patterns

Posted by ski n <ra...@gmail.com>.
"The use cases for which Nifi is used/adopted does the data load belongs to
streaming mode or pure batch workloads"

Actually for both. NiFi is used for creating data flows.

Data flows can be used for:

- Data ingesting (gathering data from a lot of sources)
- Data offloading (load data to other platforms like Apache Kafka, Hadoop,
Azure Data Explorer etc)
- Data integration (Connecting applications)
- Edge data (gathering data from IOT sensors) / in combination with MiNiFi)

Besides such use cases Apache NiFi does a good job in visualize and manage
these data flows and scale them when needed.

More reading: https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/overview.html

Raymond