Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org> on 2008/02/05 23:15:11 UTC

[ANN]: Fins 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT released

Folks,

the news of Fins project's death were greatly exaggerated: the thing is
back, with more features and ready for Cocoon 2.2 and Maven.

Before releasing it though, we would like people to check that
everything works as advertised, so, if you can spare half an hour, pay a
visit to: http://www.lucamorandini.it/fins/index.html and install it
(the use of my own website to host the snapshot is transient).

Actually, beside Cocoon 2.2, we think it should work on Cocoon 2.1 as
well, but we would like you to try this yourself.

Thanks in advance,

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT released

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Not a one... is there anyone else out there who knows the
plumbing of Cocoon well enough to analyse this error log?

Derek Hohls wrote:

> Good news!  Perhaps, if you have time, could you hack together an install
> guide to plug-in Fins into an existing Cocoon 2.1 installation... there are
> lots of us C21 users still out here :)

Yes, I know ;)

I dropped the Fins and JFreeChart JARs under Cocoon 2.1, and I was
pretty confident it would have worked, instead I got:

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
The import org.apache.avalon cannot be resolved
The import org.apache.avalon cannot be resolved
The import org.apache.avalon cannot be resolved
The import org.apache.avalon cannot be resolved
The import org.apache.cocoon.serialization cannot be resolved
The import org.apache.cocoon.serialization cannot be resolved
The import org.apache.cocoon.xml cannot be resolved
AbstractSerializer cannot be resolved to a type
Configurable cannot be resolved to a type
Recyclable cannot be resolved to a type
Serializer cannot be resolved to a type
Configuration cannot be resolved to a type
ConfigurationException cannot be resolved to a type
The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
XMLConsumer cannot be resolved to a type
contentHandler cannot be resolved or is not a field
lexicalHandler cannot be resolved or is not a field
contentHandler cannot be resolved or is not a field
lexicalHandler cannot be resolved or is not a field
The method startDocument() is undefined for the type JFCFactory
The method endDocument() is undefined for the type JFCFactory

it.ipzs.charts.JFCSerializer.<init>(JFCSerializer.java:36)

Any clue ?

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT released

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 06.02.2008 14:36, Luca Morandini wrote:
>
>> I dropped the Fins and JFreeChart JARs under Cocoon 2.1, and I was
>> pretty confident it would have worked, instead I got:
>>
>> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
>>
>> org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
>>
>> root cause
>>
>> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
>>     The import org.apache.avalon cannot be resolved

>> Any clue ?

> What is compiled on the fly? Is it a webapp vs. shared classloader issue?

I am puzzled as well (BTW I used JBoss 4.0.5 as servlet
container).

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT released

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 06.02.2008 14:36, Luca Morandini wrote:

> I dropped the Fins and JFreeChart JARs under Cocoon 2.1, and I was
> pretty confident it would have worked, instead I got:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
>     org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
>

> root cause
>
> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
>     The import org.apache.avalon cannot be resolved
>     The import org.apache.avalon cannot be resolved
>     The import org.apache.avalon cannot be resolved
>     The import org.apache.avalon cannot be resolved
>     The import org.apache.cocoon.serialization cannot be resolved
>     The import org.apache.cocoon.serialization cannot be resolved
>     The import org.apache.cocoon.xml cannot be resolved
>     AbstractSerializer cannot be resolved to a type
>     Configurable cannot be resolved to a type
>     Recyclable cannot be resolved to a type
>     Serializer cannot be resolved to a type
>     Configuration cannot be resolved to a type
>     ConfigurationException cannot be resolved to a type
>     The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
>     The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
>     The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
>     The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
>     The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
>     The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
>     The method getLogger() is undefined for the type JFCSerializer
>     XMLConsumer cannot be resolved to a type
>     contentHandler cannot be resolved or is not a field
>     lexicalHandler cannot be resolved or is not a field
>     contentHandler cannot be resolved or is not a field
>     lexicalHandler cannot be resolved or is not a field
>     The method startDocument() is undefined for the type JFCFactory
>     The method endDocument() is undefined for the type JFCFactory
>
>     it.ipzs.charts.JFCSerializer.<init>(JFCSerializer.java:36)
>
> Any clue ?

What is compiled on the fly? Is it a webapp vs. shared classloader issue?

Joerg

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT released

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Luca

Good news!  Perhaps, if you have time, could you hack together an install
guide to plug-in Fins into an existing Cocoon 2.1 installation... there are
lots of us C21 users still out here :)

Thanks
Derek