Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com> on 2023/02/22 07:10:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Delete KEYS file in Ambari trunk branch

Hi All,

Currently Ambari's KEYS files exist in two places, 'https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/KEYS' and 'https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/ambari/KEYS',
Since we have to update two files at the same time every time when we need to add a new GPG key, which I think it is unnecessary, so I suggest that we can delete the KEYS file in Ambari trunk branch,
But I don't know if I'm missing something, maybe this KEYS file is being used elsewhere?

Best Regards,
Zhiguo Wu

Re: [DISCUSS] Delete KEYS file in Ambari trunk branch

Posted by 吴治国 <wz...@163.com>.
> The potential problem if we delete a KEYS file is that users won't be able to verify the authenticity of the past artifacts.
Will it still be the case after merging the two files?

Best Regards,
Zhiguo Wu
---- Replied Message ----
| From | Wei-Chiu Chuang<we...@apache.org> |
| Date | 2/23/2023 01:38 |
| To | <de...@ambari.apache.org> |
| Subject | Re: [DISCUSS] Delete KEYS file in Ambari trunk branch |
Might it be better to merge the two KEYS files into one?

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.