Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> on 2005/08/14 07:07:41 UTC

log4dataTable

In JSP:

 <h:dataTable id="foo" var="item" value="#
{CommitteeLister.list}" >
 </h:dataTable>

I get the following logging output.  If I remove the
dataTable from the JSP, this message goes away.  Notice the
dataTable has an id.

Why is something with "WARNING" being piped down the INFO
channel?

INFO  org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].
[localhost].[/hbm2jsf] - WARNING: Component _id13 just got an
utomatic id, because there was no id assigned yet. If this
component was created dynamically (i.e. not by a JSP tag) yo
u should assign it an explicit static id or assign it the id
you get from the createUniqueId from the current UIViewRoo
t component right after creation!
Dennis Byrne

Re: log4dataTable

Posted by Mathias Broekelmann <mb...@PSI.DE>.
The datatable needs the id of the parent component to work if it is
nested in an other datatable.

You get the warning because the parent component doesn´t have an initial
id so it is generated automatically. If the parent is f:view you can
ignore this warning or put the datatable inside of a h:panelgroup
component to get rid of the message.

Regards,
Mathias