Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2013/02/02 16:03:29 UTC

[validation] did anyone have a look at current validation status?

Salut Eric,

since you mentioned the validation: did you have the time to have a
look at the onami migrated [validation] component? migration should be
quiet complete, but I'd wait for feedbacks after a discussion before
to move it to /trunk.

TIA!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [validation] did anyone have a look at current validation status?

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Mikhail,

> I can't find a way to assign that issue to myself in Jira - not enough
> carma? :)

can you test please if you are now able to do it?

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
>> Good Morning Mikhail!
>>
> It's 16:37 here =)

LOL, alway nice jokes due to different timezones :)

Posted by Mikhail Mazursky <mi...@gmail.com>.
2013/2/10 Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>

> Good Morning Mikhail!
>
> It's 16:37 here =)

> > I committed those changes as ONAMI-79 [1].
>
> very good, well done!
>
> > I also made ConfigurationStateProvider package private and Singleton (it
> > was unscoped).
>
> this sounds something that could have been tracked in JIRA, I suggest
> you to granularize codebase modifications as well, and track APIs
> changes with issues on Jira.
>
> Ok, understood.

> > Do we want ValidateMethodInterceptor to be public API? Is there any value
> > in that? I just don't know.
> >

> IIRC, if the interceptor is not public, Guice cannot introspect the
> injection points - do you have spare time to give a test?
> If that works, then fill an issue on Jira and make it private, no
> reasons to keep it public.
>
> Tests pass with interceptor declared package private. I applied changes as
ONAMI-80.

>  > I can't find a way to assign that issue to myself in Jira - not enough
> > carma? :)
>
> Ah yes, I always forget that Jira groups are not LDAP groups - I'll
> add you in the right group in a short while.
>
> Works fine now, thanks!

> Thanks, have a nice weekend!

Let it be nice WE for you too!

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Good Morning Mikhail!

Posted by Mikhail Mazursky <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Simone!

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mikhail Mazursky <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Simone!

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Mikhail!

Posted by Mikhail Mazursky <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
On 02/02/2013 15:31, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Salut Eric!
>
> thanks a lot for giving a try, much more than appreciated! :)
>
> there is just an undocumented feature on the site - users can re-throw
> validation exceptions with custom exceptions. But that should be just
> a matter of preparing the release, should not concern the migration to
> sandbox.

I use that rethrow functionality discovered reading the unit test if I
remember well.

Are you talking about an onami release?
Do you plan to migrate from sandbox to trunk? As I said, I don't see why
we shouldn't do this directly.

Thx, Eric

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Salut Eric!