Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Thomas Marsh <ma...@nitesco.com> on 2002/12/29 16:23:55 UTC

Patched version of Object.vm available?

Dear List:

I'm working through the extend-user howto, and was wondering if there
was a patched version of Object.vm available as described in the howto?
Although I'm sure it would be a good experience for me, it would
probably take me most of the day to figure out how to patch it
myself.....

Please don't flame me!

TIA,

Tom

--
Tom Marsh

mailto:marsht1@nitesco.com
http://www.nitesco.com

Re: Patched version of Object.vm available?

Posted by Thomas Marsh <ma...@nitesco.com>.
Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Tom

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.
You really should not need the patch.  It only applies in cases where
you are using TurbineUser as a foreign key from another table AND you
want to use the TurbineUser.addChild(object) methods generated by
Torque.  If you have no need for this, this does not apply.

If you do need this, I would suggest that you override the save() method
in your extanded turbine user class to simply iterate though any child
objects and call their save() methods.  This will accomplish exactly the
same things with much less hassle.

mailto:marsht1@nitesco.com
http://www.nitesco.com

For additional commands, e-mail: