Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/05/12 02:03:02 UTC

Hi:

in http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/ we need to update the feed of lenya mail
lists:

lenya-users - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lenya-user
lenya-dev - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lenya-dev

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Lenya mail archives not being updated...

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi:

While surfing on mailarchives, I noted Lenya list are not being updated
for a while:

lenya-users - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lenya-user
lenya-dev - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lenya-dev

Both list are still active but the archives are not being updated. Can you
provide us info about what to do to active the archives again?

Also, please move both list under "Apache". Lenya is now an Apache project
under Apache Cocoon - http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/

I hope it will don't take much of your time. :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: new committer

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Upayavira wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>>> If Antonio is not a committer, why he has cvs access? So, since all
>>> cocooners have cvs access it is just a question contribute active or to
>>> be inactive imho. We should not vote people as a committer if they have
>>> cvs access already, or?
>>>

>> To clear things up, antonio is antonio (at) apache.org. So he is an
>> apache committer! Hence he is a committer he can decide which
>> projects to support as an active committer!
>>
>> I couldn't found any ASF guideliness where stated each project has to
>> nominate THEIR PERSONAL committers.
>> e.g. If I want to become an active Struts committer I would go ahead
>> and committ to struts, because I have access to all cvs! So if I want
>> to support the struts project I guess nobody would scream and say NO
>> WAY.
>>
>> If I am wrong and there is a guideline please feel free to correct me.
>

> No, this is wrong.
>
> You are given access to specific codebases. Some while ago, I watched
> Stefano engaging with Slide. He started posting patches, and after a
> while, they voted on him becoming a committer. He then gained CVS
> rights. He didn't need to get another apache account, but he did need
> his name adding to the CVS 'avail' file for Slide.
>
> However, the way Cocoon has chosen to set this up (which I'm not
> entirely sure I agree with), is that the Cocoon and Lenya code bases
> share a committer base. Therefore any Cocoon committer is also a Lenya
> one, and visa versa.
>
> But that doesn't apply to projects outside of Cocoon (with the
> possible exception of Forrest).
>
> Regards, Upayavira

Ok, I see than the discussion on forrest

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105645457400003

makes perfect sence! I didn't know though! Thanks for the correction. Then we know Antonio is as well a cocoon committer ;-).

Conclusion:
If you have CVS access to a project you are an active or inactive committer of this project.

King regards
Thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Re: new committer

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 13:24, Upayavira wrote:
>

>>Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>>To clear things up, antonio is antonio (at) apache.org. So he is an
>>>apache committer! Hence he is a committer he can decide which projects
>>>to support as an active committer!
>>>
>>>I couldn't found any ASF guideliness where stated each project has to
>>>nominate THEIR PERSONAL committers.
>>>e.g. If I want to become an active Struts committer I would go ahead
>>>and committ to struts, because I have access to all cvs! So if I want
>>>to support the struts project I guess nobody would scream and say NO WAY.
>>>
>>>If I am wrong and there is a guideline please feel free to correct me.
>>>

>>No, this is wrong.
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>However, the way Cocoon has chosen to set this up (which I'm not
>>entirely sure I agree with), is that the Cocoon and Lenya code bases
>>share a committer base. Therefore any Cocoon committer is also a Lenya
>>one, and visa versa.
>>
>>But that doesn't apply to projects outside of Cocoon (with the possible
>>exception of Forrest).
>>

>I thought Antonio is a Cocoon committer? If so, he also is a Lenya
>committer if I understood u right.

Exactly. That's what I missed first time around.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: new committer

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 13:24, Upayavira wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> > Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> >> If Antonio is not a committer, why he has cvs access? So, since all
> >> cocooners have cvs access it is just a question contribute active or to
> >> be inactive imho. We should not vote people as a committer if they have
> >> cvs access already, or?
> >>

> > To clear things up, antonio is antonio (at) apache.org. So he is an
> > apache committer! Hence he is a committer he can decide which projects
> > to support as an active committer!
> >
> > I couldn't found any ASF guideliness where stated each project has to
> > nominate THEIR PERSONAL committers.
> > e.g. If I want to become an active Struts committer I would go ahead
> > and committ to struts, because I have access to all cvs! So if I want
> > to support the struts project I guess nobody would scream and say NO WAY.
> >
> > If I am wrong and there is a guideline please feel free to correct me.
>
> No, this is wrong.
>
> [...]
>
> However, the way Cocoon has chosen to set this up (which I'm not
> entirely sure I agree with), is that the Cocoon and Lenya code bases
> share a committer base. Therefore any Cocoon committer is also a Lenya
> one, and visa versa.
>
> But that doesn't apply to projects outside of Cocoon (with the possible
> exception of Forrest).

I thought Antonio is a Cocoon committer? If so, he also is a Lenya
committer if I understood u right.

--

Rolf Kulemann

"There is inherently no silverbullet" - F.Brooks

Re: new committer

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> If I am correct the only patch (regarding Lenya) submitted by Antonio so far was
> the addition of his name ...

he fixed some small things, as have other cocooners in the past. i dont
think its a big deal :) he since removed himself from the credits again.
speaking of which, since we rely so heavily on cocoon, it would be
really nice to make the cocoon credits file more visible from within
lenya. sort of the "on the shoulders of giants" idea.

> Even if no formal rule was violated it still is a bit unusual.
>
> I suggest to have a look at the "Minimum Exit Requirements" of the "Incubation
> Policy":
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Minimum+Exit+Requi
> rements
>
> It might make sense to review the list of "Active Committers":
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/project/acknowledgements.html#Active+Committers
> before trying to exit the Incubator.

good point. i was planning to take a look into this once we have 1.2
out. some are probably emeritus by now. i wonder how often cocoon looks
into its list of committers? maybe once a quarter would be fine.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: new committer

Re: new committer

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Re: new committer

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Re: new committer

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.

Re: new committer

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Re: new committer

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Hello Alex,

Alex McLintock wrote:

> A big hello to Antonio new lenya-committer.
>
> I have to apologise for being crap because I am the worst Lenya
> committer - with a zero actual commits. I have done the paperwork and
> everything to become a Lenya committer (mostly to concentrate on docs
> and usability). I even got an alexmc@apache.org account. But work got
> in the way (doing a contract which had nothing to do with Lenya or
> CMS) and I managed to forget my password for the second time. DOH.
>
> Anyway a request to Antonio: please keep track of all the things you
> learn as a committer so that you can remind me of them when I have
> time to work on Lenya again.
>
> Alex McLintock

Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información S.A.U.
Avda. de la Arboleda s/n
41940 - Tomares,  (Sevilla)
Tlfn: (+34) 955 062 627
e-mail: thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es

Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su
destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divulgación, copia o
distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita de "Sociedad
Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información, S.A.U.". Si no
es Ud. el destinatario del mensaje le ruego lo destruya sin hacer copia
digital o física, comunicando a Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la
Sociedad de la Información S.A.U. vía e-mail o fax la recepción del presente
mensaje. Toda declaración de voluntad contenida deberá ser tenida por no
producida. Gracias.
___________________

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication
is prohibited without the prior written consent of "Sociedad Andaluza para
el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información, S.A.U.". If you are not the
formal receiver of this message please destroy it without making any digital
or physical copy and inform "Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la
Sociedad de la Información S.A.U." , by e-mail or fax, of the reception of
the present message. Any whatsoever involuntary declaration contained
herewith must be taken as having no legal effect. Thank you.

new committer

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@owal.co.uk>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Nupp, I think will not be a prob due to the fact that Michi posted the
mail a while ago! I can remeber that he was saying someday about that
but it is a least 3 month ago. So I do not thing it is a prob!

Cheers
Thorsten

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Michael Wechner dijo:

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> I hope to be useful here :-D

thanks very much for contacting "marc".

Michi

>Best Regards,
>
>Antonio Gallardo.

Michael Wechner

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Rolf Kulemann dijo:
> On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 09:22, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Michael Wechner dijo:

>> Thanks Michael. I hope to be useful here :-D
>
> Hi Antonio,
>
> nice to see u around here :)

Thank you :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Michael Wechner dijo:

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Hello Antonio,
>
> ...and welcome as new lenya-committer ;-)
>
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> in http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/ we need to update the feed of lenya
>> mail
>> lists:
>>

> I have seen that! ...but how can we do that?

I think send an email to their contact.

I have done that quite some time ago, but never received an answer.

Michi

>> lenya-users - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lenya-user
>> lenya-dev - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lenya-dev
>>
>> Best Regards,