Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Brian Wright <br...@marketo.com> on 2012/08/28 00:40:08 UTC

Re: Question about activemq queue message events

Hi Matt or whomever can help,

We finally rolled out SMX 4.4.1 with AMQ 5.5.x to our production
environment a few weeks ago.  Yeah, it takes a while to get through testing.

Anyway, we're still seeing the stuck queue condition even with the AMQ
5.5.x version.  Matt suggested it could be a problem of an exhausted
connection pool or leaked connections.  Our engineer has some questions
involving AMQ:

Tianchi Writes:

Yes, we are using AMQ 5.5 now. I'm not sure how could we tell that it is
a result of exhausting connection pools or leaking connections, but I
checked the log file and found the traces for the stuck queue, the
consumer for that queue actually consumed the messages and tried to send
the lead db file to the server [via sftp]. But after it was connected
and logged in, there were no further trace logged for that
queue(normally, a disconnect trace should be logged). I suspect that the
process got hanged during this sftp process and when we failed over, we
killed that process and message was requeued and then consumed
successfully. Since we are using transactions, if we set a timeout in
the transaction manager, would that solve this problem?

--- End Question ---

Any ideas on how we could go about debugging this condition and would
the suggestion of setting a transaction timeout help?

Thanks.

	Marketo Logo