Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jose Galiana <jg...@renr.es> on 2003/04/30 16:40:11 UTC

Document with differents field

It´s possible to index several documents with different structure?For
example, some document have a title field, and anothers documents don´t.
Some documents have keywords field and others don´t.

Are there any problem with that? performance, search...

Must I to create a unique document structure with empty field to ""?

Greetings.

Jose Galiana

Re: Document with differents field

Posted by David Medinets <me...@mtolive.com>.
I'm sure others will answer but nothing that I've seen indicates that all documents need to have the same fields associated with them. This feature of Lucene is very convenient and makes it possible to index many different document types in one index.

david

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, different fields in different documents will work.
There is no need for all documents to have the same fields.

Otis