Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jaspreet.Singh" <Ja...@upco.co.uk> on 2002/06/12 09:36:16 UTC

Simple j_security_check example not working

Hi Guys
Attached is a simple example of form based login I'm trying to get working
on Tomcat 4.0.3 and it doesn't!!! I've checked the archives and noticed
someone else had the same problem and never got past it! Anyway if you type
the url
http://localhost:8080/SCJWD/servlet/secret
You get re-directed to the form based login page and if you type in the
correct username
and password (tomcat, tomcat) you get an error - and I quote

type Status report
message Invalid direct reference to form login page
description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
(Invalid direct reference to form login page).

Am I missing something somewhere .. Because I copied this example straight
out of the java servlets book.

If you use incorrect credentials then the behaviour is as expected.

Cheers
Jas

--------------
Jaspreet Singh
Application Solutions Developer
The Ultimate People Company
Phone/Fax: 0113 20 10 641/666
Mobile: 07866 260204
Web: www.upco.co.uk

The contents of this email are intended only for the named addressees and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If received in error
please contact UPCO on +44 (0) 113 201 0600 and then delete the entire
e-mail from your system. Unauthorised review, distribution, disclosure or
other use of this information could constitute a breach of confidence. Your
co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.