Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2020/02/25 14:27:12 UTC

[NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 12.0 merge windows OPEN

Hi folks,

All post release commits are done (sigtests and spec version increments).
Consider master mergeable again.

Feature freeze for Apache 12.0 is in a few week (March 15th ). This will be
the LTS version with NetCAT process.

So maybe not the time for complete new breaking changes :p

Thanks to everyone for collaboration.

Just in case:

I'm up to do release manager another round but any volunteer welcome.

Best Regards,

Eric

(lvl2 release manager)

Re: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 12.0 merge windows OPEN

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 14:27, Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
> All post release commits are done (sigtests and spec version increments).
> Consider master mergeable again.

Great job!

> I'm up to do release manager another round but any volunteer welcome.

+1 In my opinion, it would make a lot of sense for you to do it again
if you're up for it.  Given that it's an LTS and we've had a lot of
changes in the release process over the last few releases, would
probably make sense to have you or I do it anyway?  If you do, happy
to help pick up any tasks if need be given it'll be twice as long a
release process, and likely more things coming in through NetCAT /
JIRA.

There are other things that will need consideration during the 12.0
cycle too, such as the higher likelihood of wanting to ship module
updates.

Maybe move this discussion to another thread?

Best wishes,

Neil

RE: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 12.0 merge windows OPEN

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi Enrico,
 You are welcome to do so. Best is to add 12.00 milestone on PR.

Regards
Eric

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Eric,