Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Nick Taylor AU <ni...@alliancesoftware.com.au> on 2010/01/12 01:56:39 UTC

MQSeries integration

Hello all.

I'm quite new to the enterprise Java space but I have what seems (to me) to
be a fairly simple task to accomplish.

We have an existing web application which communicates with a 3rd party data
provider. This provider is moving to an MQSeries based system, so this needs
to be integrated with our web based system.

Between these two articles
http://servicemix.apache.org/16-beginner-exercise.html
http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-jms.html
I think I have a reasonable grasp on how to use ServiceMix to take a HTTP
request from the web app and push it into a queue on the remote MQSeries
server.

However, according to the documentation I have the processing is
asynchronous, and the MQSeries server will want to make a connection back at
a later time to put results into a queue on our server. This is where things
fall down for me as I don't understand how to configure an endpoint to
accept incoming connections and direct things to the correct queue.

If anyone could provide me with pointed to relevant documentation, correct
any blatant misconceptions I have about the technology, or offer any other
advice it would be most appreciated.

Nick

Re: MQSeries integration

Posted by Nick Taylor AU <ni...@alliancesoftware.com.au>.
Thanks very much Dave. I think I'm starting to understand what's going on
better.

I'm waiting for access to the testing sandbox at the moment, so I may have
more questions when that finally happens, but you've been a great help.

Nick.

Re: MQSeries integration

Posted by Dave Stanley <ds...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,
Your going to want to use the jms api to WMQ. On the servicemix side,
you can use the jms component to produce/consume from the
WMQ queue's, using the WMQ connection factory as shown below.. For an
IN-OUT you are going to want to set the replyDestinationName in
servicemix jms configuration, as thats the queue the response will
come back on.

<jms:provider service="my:ProviderService"
              endpoint="wmqEndpoint"
              destinationName="my.queue"
              replyDestinationName="mq.queue.reply"
              connectionFactory="#wmqConnectionFactory" />

<bean id="wmqConnectionFactoryTarget"
class="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory">
		<property name="transportType">
			<util:constant static-field="com.ibm.mq.jms.JMSC.MQJMS_TP_CLIENT_MQ_TCPIP" />
		</property>
		<property name="queueManager" value="MY_QM" />
		<property name="hostName"     value="192.168.1.101" />
		<property name="port"         value="1415" />
		<property name="channel"      value="MY_CHN" />
	</bean>

	<bean id="wmqConnectionFactory"
		class="org.springframework.jms.connection.UserCredentialsConnectionFactoryAdapter">
		<property name="targetConnectionFactory"
ref="wmqConsumerConnectionFactoryTarget" />
		<property name="username" value=" " />
		<property name="password" value=" " />
	</bean>

Hope this helps