Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michal Kwiatek <mi...@BiznesPartner.pl> on 2002/04/11 16:50:55 UTC

HELP! grahics - scalling down, not up

Hi!

How do you prevent fop from scaling graphics up? Some of my picture are too
big and I need them scaled down, but others are alright and I want fop to
leave them alone.
Any ideas?

Michal Kwiatek

Re: Viewing generated PDF without the toolbar

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Marco Fabbri wrote:
> Now I need to disable the PDF print for browser and I found an idea about it
> on a adobe forum.
> Using Javascript I can disable the toolbar I see on Explorer if in Acrobat I
> use a JavaScript folder with some commands.
> But this can be done only in the production phase.
> How can I produce a PDF file with this capability on FOP environment?

Am i right you want to produce a PDF which can't be
printed, i.e. with printing disabled?

There is currently no possibility to do this with
FOP directly. You can postprocess the result from
FOP with some other software. There are several
possibilities, a pure Java, on-the-fly in-memory
solutiont should be possible with iText:
   http://www.lowagie.com/iText
For further hint, look here:
  http://www.lowagie.com/iText/tutorial/ch01.html#readingPDF

J.Pietschmann

Viewing generated PDF without the toolbar

Posted by Marco Fabbri <mf...@racine.ra.it>.
Hi all,
FOP is great and finally we find a solution to produce PDF reports from
Lotus Domino.
But...
Now I need to disable the PDF print for browser and I found an idea about it
on a adobe forum.
Using Javascript I can disable the toolbar I see on Explorer if in Acrobat I
use a JavaScript folder with some commands.
But this can be done only in the production phase.
How can I produce a PDF file with this capability on FOP environment?

Thanks a lot in advance

Marco Fabbri

Re: HELP! grahics - scalling down, not up

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Michal Kwiatek wrote:
> How do you prevent fop from scaling graphics up? Some of my picture are too
> big and I need them scaled down, but others are alright and I want fop to
> leave them alone.

Can you post a shoret, self contained sample which
demonstrates the problem?

J.Pietschmann