Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org> on 2002/05/30 12:07:58 UTC

Beta 2 Action Plan Notice

I plan to start building the second beta in the
afternoon(+) of June 1.  Please try to complete
all your planned commits to the beta1 branch as
well as the 1.6 alpha trunk by the afternoon of
the _31st_.  I will try to open up the tree for
commits as soon as I can on June 1.

I see that there are two outstanding patches -
* the one to Move from Ovidiu
* the one to Selectors from Bruce

Is there anything else?  If nobody gets to
review and commit the above patches by the
aforesaid time, I will do it just before I start
building the second beta.

Cheers,
Magesh

(+)May start in the morning itself if I am able
to connect to a network.

Re: Beta 2 Action Plan Notice

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> I plan to start building the second beta in the
> afternoon(+) of June 1.  Please try to complete
> all your planned commits to the beta1 branch as
> well as the 1.6 alpha trunk by the afternoon of
> the _31st_.  I will try to open up the tree for
> commits as soon as I can on June 1.
>
> I see that there are two outstanding patches -
> * the one to Move from Ovidiu
> * the one to Selectors from Bruce
>
> Is there anything else?  If nobody gets to
> review and commit the above patches by the
> aforesaid time, I will do it just before I start
> building the second beta.

Keiths got some patches to put in, I havent had a chance to sit down and
pull them in, but I will trust him that they work, on the basis the existing
tests pass.

There are still some outstanding jspc issues
 -cant handle 900+ files in one go
 -doesnt handle files called 404.jsp
 -doesnt do directories

#1 we can address on ourselves, #2 is a jasper issue, and #3 we may be able
to hack around.

I also have the patches to JavaEnvUtils and AntClassloader to handle
java-version-specific base classes (java, javax,org.omg, org.w3c....);
Dominiques suggested redesign of the patches I posted earlier.

These are still on the HDD of a dead notebook and I wont have them by
1-june; I may have to pull the original patch from the archives and to the
rework again.