Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandru Badiu <al...@417.ro> on 2007/09/21 10:44:58 UTC

Weird bug in query

Hello,

I have a problem I'm not sure how to debug. I am running Solr 1.2.1
under Jetty. I have the following two queries:
- "q":"articol_tag:pilonul ii AND articol_tag:facultative" which
returns x rows
- "q":"articol_tag:facultative AND articol_tag:pilonul ii" which
doesn't return any rows

I'm really stumped by this issue. Is this a Solr bug? I can provide
offlist the url of the Solr installation if someone wants to see this
behaviour.

Thanks,
Alexandru Badiu

Re: Weird bug in query

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 21-Sep-07, at 1:44 AM, Alexandru Badiu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem I'm not sure how to debug. I am running Solr 1.2.1
> under Jetty. I have the following two queries:
> - "q":"articol_tag:pilonul ii AND articol_tag:facultative" which
> returns x rows
> - "q":"articol_tag:facultative AND articol_tag:pilonul ii" which
> doesn't return any rows

These are differet queries.  You query consists of three clauses (the
'ii' is not part of articol_tag).  This is what you are querying, in
(the much clearer) REQUIRED/OPTIONAL syntax (+ == clause is required):

articol_tag:pilonul ii AND articol_tag:facultative
==
+<default field>:ii +articol_tag:facultative articol_tag:pilonul

articol_tag:facultative AND articol_tag:pilonul ii
==
+articol_tag:facultative +articol_tag:pilonul <default field>:ii

try:
articol_tag:facultative AND articol_tag:"pilonul ii"

-Mike