Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 06:25:26 UTC

Re: Changing settings.xml location Continuum

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
<am...@deloitte.com> wrote:
> Hi.  Is it possible to configure Continuum to look for settings.xml not under c:\...\.m2\settings.xml but in a custom-set location?  I am using Continuum 1.2.3 on a Windows OS.

I don't think Continuum is looking for it there... Maven is.  AFAIK,
there's no way to get Maven to default to looking elsewhere, though
you can add -s /path/to/other/settings.xml on the command line.

What problem are you trying to solve by doing this?

That file is optional, if you're trying to have different settings for
the same user, you might try using $M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml, and
then having multiple Maven installs, setting M2_HOME in each
environment as appropriate.

--
Wendy

Re: Changing settings.xml location Continuum

Posted by "L. J." <ap...@gmail.com>.
In addition, with Maven 2.1.0, you can also use -gs for global settings.xml
which by default is referring to $MAVEN_HOME/conf.

Posted by "L. J." <ap...@gmail.com>.
-s should work which is what I am using now in Continuum 1.3.2

Posted by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com>.