Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Hugo Da Cruz Louro <hl...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/08/14 00:39:29 UTC

[Discuss] - Output format of CLI command 'storm list'

Currently the CLI command 'storm list’ presents the output as follows:

Topology_name        Status     Num_tasks  Num_workers  Uptime_secs
wct                  ACTIVE     28         3            2581

Is there any technical and/or historical reason to keep it like that. Is there a backward compatibility concern that some users may be parsing these names? If not, I suggest that we present the output of this command as such:

Topology        Status     Tasks  Workers  Uptime [s]
wct                  ACTIVE     28         3            2581

If we agree with this proposal I will create a JIRA and submit a patch with the change.

Thanks,
Hugo

Re: [Discuss] - Output format of CLI command 'storm list'

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <st...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me. I think for smaller changes like this just go ahead and
open an issue/PR if no one actively opposes the idea. When no one has an
opinion one way or the other, you're unlikely to have anyone actively
green-lighting the idea.

Posted by Hugo Da Cruz Louro <hl...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi everyone,