Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jakob Praher <jp...@hapra.at> on 2002/10/08 11:15:03 UTC

jmx and context administration

hi all,

currently I am working with tomcat-4.1-cvs-head and mx4j.
I have looked at the org.apache.catalina.mbeans package but couldn't
find a MBean or a Method for adding contexts to a catalina host entry.

What I want to do is stop start and add a context to catalina during
runtime w/ JMX, as I have some huge context I want to enable on demand.

- is this feature currently implemented?
- is anybody working on implementing a feature like that?
- is catalina capable of dynamic context unloading ( i think so, as
AFAIR the manager privileged context is able to do this  )
- are you planing on implementing a jmx/connector to connect to jmx via
rmi or something like this?

thanks

-- Jakob