Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Sedding <js...@apache.org> on 2016/11/21 14:33:02 UTC

Is Lucene CopyOnRead/CopyOnWrite beneficial with SegmentNodeStore?

Hi all

Do we have experience or measurements to suggest that using Lucene's
CopyOnRead and CopyOnWrite features is beneficial when the
SegmentNodeStore isused?

The documentation indirectly suggests that CopyOnRead is only
beneficial with remote NodeStores (i.e. DocumentNodeStore). So the
question is whether the SegmentNodeStore implementation allows
sufficiently fast access to Lucene's index files, or whether the
associated overhead still makes CopyOnRead beneficial.

Thanks for any insights!

Regards
Julian

Re: Is Lucene CopyOnRead/CopyOnWrite beneficial with SegmentNodeStore?

Posted by Julian Sedding <js...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chetan, that's very helpful.

Regards
Julian