Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by djsfive <dj...@yahoo.com> on 2015/05/05 22:44:14 UTC

CamelRoutesBroker plugin won't shut down routes on reload

AMQ version 5.11 on RHLinux version 6.6.  I am running in a test environment,
and there are no other users on my system.

I am using the Camel Routes Broker plugin in my AMQ broker in order to route
messages between topics:

        <plugins> <camelroutesBrokerPlugin routesFile="routes.xml" />
</plugins>

I have a separate routes.xml file which loads up my route just fine:

    <routes xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring" >
      <route>
        <description> Example route </description>
        <from uri="activemq:topic:topic.A"/>
        <filter>
          <simple>${header.JMSType} == 1111</simple>
          <to uri="activemq:topic:topic.B"/>
        </filter>
      </route>
    </routes>

And it works .  I can see from the jConsole that my route gets loaded up as
"route1", and the message gets forwarded in AMQ.

The problem occurs when I update routes.xml to have a "to uri" of topic.C,
camel still has "route1" running, and I can verify that there are 2
consumers on topicA.  jConsole reports that both route1 and route2 are
actively running in Camel.

I expected the old routes to all be removed, and the new definitions added
in.  I have looked at the CamelRoutesBroker.java code, and it seems to be
stopping and removing the old route definition, but my runtime says
otherwise....

Any idea what may be wrong?  I don't see any configuration parms that would
affect this behavior.

Dan