Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/04/01 19:24:52 UTC

[Jakarta-httpclient Wiki] Update of "RequestForUseCases" by RolandWeber

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-httpclient Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by RolandWeber:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/RequestForUseCases

The comment on the change is:
deprecated

- = Request for Use Cases =
+ #DEPRECATED

+ This page was the result of a misunderstanding: different people using the term ''use case'' with different meanings.
+ We don't have the resources to maintain a list of formal use cases.
+ What we should have is a simple feedback page asking "What do/would you do with HttpClient?".
- In order to make the HttpClient more capable, easier to use, or just
- better in general, we need to know what you are doing or want to do with it.
- Please help us to improve HttpClient by contributing new use cases, or
- variations of existing ones.

- Your use cases will allow us to verify that the
- [wiki:Self:HttpClientApiRedesign new API] we are currently
- designing for HttpClient 4.0 is complete, sound, and easy enough to use.
- Over time, the uses cases will be discussed and supplemented with solutions
- in the form of code or directions. The use cases will therefore become the
- foundation of a new and valuable information resource for HttpClient users.
-
- You no longer have to be a programmer or HTTP wisecracker to contribute
- to the HttpClient community. Now everyone can help to improve the HttpClient.
- '''Don't waste this chance!'''
-
- Thank you.
-
-
- = What should I do? =
-
-
- The easiest way to share your use case with us is to add it to our
- UseCases/SandBox. You have to register in order to edit this Wiki,
- but that is easily done in a matter of minutes.
- If you've got the time, you can first check whether your use case
- is already covered by our list of UseCases or in the UseCases/SandBox.
- In case of a doubt or lack of time, we'd rather hear about duplicates
- than miss a new one.
-
- If you feel that the sandbox is getting crowded, you can help us to graduate
- use cases from the sandbox to the list. Please volunteer as a use case editor on the
- [http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/mail-lists.html developer mailing list].
-
-
-