Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@iupui.edu> on 2020/02/13 18:29:32 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_ajp: adding "secret=xxx" parameter to config yields syntax error

HTTPD 2.4.41

I'm trying to set up authenticated proxying between HTTPD and Tomcat.
I have, for example:

  ProxyPass "/host-manager/" \
            "ajp://[::1]:8009/host-manager/" \
            secret="secret"

When I run configtest, the result is:
 * apache2 has detected an error in your setup:
AH00526: Syntax error on line 101 of /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/default_vhost.include:
ProxyPass unknown Worker parameter

Line 101 is the one with the 'secret' keyword.  If I un-fold the
directive to a single line, the same error is called against line 99
(the same ProxyPass directive).  The directive was previously working
before I added the 'secret' parameter.

What am I missing?

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library
755 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-0749
www.ulib.iupui.edu

Re: [users@httpd] mod_ajp: adding "secret=xxx" parameter to config yields syntax error

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 13.02.2020 um 19:29 schrieb Mark H. Wood:
> HTTPD 2.4.41
>
> I'm trying to set up authenticated proxying between HTTPD and Tomcat.
> I have, for example:
>
>    ProxyPass "/host-manager/" \
>              "ajp://[::1]:8009/host-manager/" \
>              secret="secret"
>
> When I run configtest, the result is:
>   * apache2 has detected an error in your setup:
> AH00526: Syntax error on line 101 of /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/default_vhost.include:
> ProxyPass unknown Worker parameter
>
> Line 101 is the one with the 'secret' keyword.  If I un-fold the
> directive to a single line, the same error is called against line 99
> (the same ProxyPass directive).  The directive was previously working
> before I added the 'secret' parameter.
>
> What am I missing?

The feature was added in r1738878 (BZ53098) to httpd trunk and is not
yet backported to 2.4.x.

Due to recent default config changes in Tomcat it would make sense to
backport now.

Regards,

Rainer