Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jchaitanyak <kr...@broadridge.com> on 2017/10/31 06:47:40 UTC

Getting this exception when trying to start the Active MQ from services.msc in my local machine

I am using the apache MQ 5.12

2017-10-31 11:59:01,113 ERROR RequestOut.ExceptionRaised -
========== Exception Details Begin =========
 ErrorMsg:Error connecting to localhost:8161.
 StackTrace:
   at SUMMITMQ.RequestOut.StartReceiver()
   at SUMMITMQ.RequestOut.Process()
 InnerException:
 System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be
made because the target machine actively refused it
   at Apache.NMS.Stomp.Transport.Tcp.TcpTransportFactory.Connect(String
host, Int32 port)
 ========== Exception Details End ==========

Re: Getting this exception when trying to start the Active MQ from services.msc in my local machine

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 10/31/2017 02:47 AM, jchaitanyak wrote:
> I am using the apache MQ 5.12
>
> 2017-10-31 11:59:01,113 ERROR RequestOut.ExceptionRaised -
> ========== Exception Details Begin =========
>   ErrorMsg:Error connecting to localhost:8161.
>   StackTrace:
>     at SUMMITMQ.RequestOut.StartReceiver()
>     at SUMMITMQ.RequestOut.Process()
>   InnerException:
>   System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be
> made because the target machine actively refused it
>     at Apache.NMS.Stomp.Transport.Tcp.TcpTransportFactory.Connect(String
> host, Int32 port)
>   ========== Exception Details End ==========

Looks like you are trying to connect the NMS Stomp client to the normal
port that the WebConsole sits on, so that seems like a problem.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121