Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ida Bagus Adi Sudewa <ad...@id.ibm.com> on 2002/07/08 11:59:15 UTC

Runtime error in HP-UX

Hi,

I have a problem with runtime error with program that use Xerces library.

Here are some HW/SW details
* OS                  : HP-UX 11i
* Compiler            : aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.30
* Xerces ver          : Xerces C++ 1_7_0
* Compilation options : aCC -AA -g0 -Wl, +s $? -o $@ -L. -lamtCpp
-lxerces-c1_7_0

I am able to compile and link my program but always got the core dumped
error
when try to execute it. It happens even when the SHLIB_PATH and XERCESCROOT
environment variables are set correctly, and
'shared library dynamic path search' is enabled for the program.

I understand that this is quite common problem. I already extensively read
the
mailing-list archive and tried suggestions from it. It's just doesn't work.
The only thing that I haven't done is recompiling the library.

I appreciate any suggestions from you all,

thanks a lot,

Ida Bagus Adi Sudewa (dewa)
IBM Business Innovation Services, Jakarta, Indonesia
email adisudewa@id.ibm.com

Re: Runtime error in HP-UX

Posted by PeiYong PY Zhang <pe...@ca.ibm.com>.
Ida Bagus Adi Sudewa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with runtime error with program that use Xerces library.
>
> Here are some HW/SW details
> * OS                  : HP-UX 11i
> * Compiler            : aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.30
> * Xerces ver          : Xerces C++ 1_7_0
> * Compilation options : aCC -AA -g0 -Wl, +s $? -o $@ -L. -lamtCpp
> -lxerces-c1_7_0

    The xerces library (170) was built on HP11 with "HP ANSI C++ B3910B
A.03.13", which
is different from yours (A.03.30).

    You may download the latest source package from
http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/
and build the library with ** your ** compiler to see if you can build and run
the samples, before
linking to ** your ** application code. For build instruction, please refer to
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/build-winunix.html#UNIX.

    Good luck!

Rgds,
PeiYong