Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/05/19 04:09:31 UTC

Board report

I added the following text for our board report - please freel free to
add more comments at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2006

== Tuscany ==

On the Java side, Community and code development are continuing. We
have added two new committers (Ant Elder and Daniel Kulp) since the
last report and have many other people active on the mailing lists. We
have been working toward a Java release which is intended to allow
others to easily contribute plugins and other functionality in order
to further expand the community. A vote on a candidate started on the
development list (as of 5/18/06) and if passed we will be asking the
Incubator PMC for permission to release it.

After a slower start development is now also ramping up on the C++
codebase but additional effort will be needed to attract new community
members.