Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 09:03:07 UTC

Re: appending field to an existing index

Thanks Chris! This works with lucene2.1 and greater (breaks with lucene2.0)

A follow up question, anyway to rename and to delete a field.

Rename field: I tried to use a hex editor to edit the .fnm file (screwed up
my index, but I was careful and followed the index format)
Deleting a field: ideas?

Thanks

-John

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
John Wang wrote:

> Thanks Chris! This works with lucene2.1 and greater (breaks with
> lucene2.0)
>
> A follow up question, anyway to rename and to delete a field.
>
> Rename field: I tried to use a hex editor to edit the .fnm file
> (screwed up
> my index, but I was careful and followed the index format)
> Deleting a field: ideas?

Maybe this?

     http://www.markmail.org/message/vaohqx6bmh3smkrk

Mike