Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2015/10/08 00:06:52 UTC

ApacehCon EU talks

Hi,

For those who are interested here my slides from the 4 talks I gave at ApacheCon EU.

An introductory talk about the Flex SDK:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/FlexInto_ApacheCon2015.pdf

Unit testing Flex applications:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/UnitTesting_ApacheCon2015.pdf

While this talk isn’t directly Flex related it contains an analysis of the Flex code base which may be of interest.

Code Analysis via Version Control History
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/CodeAnalysis_ApacheCon2015%20copy.pdf

If there’s any interest I can make the interactive circle packing visualisation of the entire Flex SDK available at a URL. Someone may want to do the same for the FlexJS repos.

My final ApacheCon talk was not related to Flex at all but may be of interest:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/IOT_ApacheCon2015EU.pdf

Thanks,
Justin

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.
Ok thank you!

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.
Ok thank you!

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.
Ok, i will reserve time to plan any of these things.

Do i have wait for your needs or i can start where ever i want?

Where is the flex unit test base? Where i can fill bug reports?

Thank you
Angelo

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Angelo,

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Angelo,

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Nemi <ne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Om.
> Please take a look, is there image or link missing on page 9 related to
> "HERE IS HOW AN IDEAL FLASH BUILDER PROJECT SETUP LOOKS LIKE" ? I wonder
> what example did you show.

Thanks for catching that.  During the talk, I had switched to the IDE to
show my setup.  I have now updated the slides to point to a Github project
with a typical setup.
Updated slides here:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/FlexMobile_ApacheCon_2015_0.pdf

Regards,
Om

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Om.

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Here are my slides:

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Here are my slides:

AW: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi All,

AW: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi All,

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Do you guys have more you can share about attendance and interested folks
> at your Flex talks?  It might help me justify attending in the future.

Attendance to my two Flex talks was low compared to my other two talks, but we did have some new people who didn’t know Flex and were interested and I had several people approach me afterwards to talk about Flex.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Nice!  And thanks to you and Chris and Om for doing these talks.

Re: ApacehCon EU talks

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Justin.

Re: ApacehCon EU talks